1. What age do you feel right now and why?
I do feel my age and I am happy to live my life with all pluses and minuses of the age of 59 years.
2. Which book are you reading now?
Stockholm secret from Hanna Lindberg.
3. What are your top 3 favourite books and why?
Betty MacDonald The egg & I , specific woman humour + I could recognize myself when I got married. Karel Čapek The year of the gardener , because my hobby is gardening. Jo Nesbo and Harry Hole detective crime novels, stories of suspense. As the rector and university professor I am very busy and an important part of my job is a lot of writing, including writing of scientific articles and professional books and thus I have to read a lot of academic books and articles. That is why just reading of “normal” books is for me a form of welcome relax.
4. What is your definition of elegance?
Elegance is the gracefulness.
5. What are you the most passionate about?
My work and my family.
6. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
To Lyon in France, because the town is beautiful and I have many good friends and colleagues there.
7. If you could only keep 3 possessions, what would they be?
My fully equipped apartment, my cottage, my dog.
8. What is your philosophy towards your work, or role, or life?
Life is about priorities and you can influence your choice. I have met my tolerant husband who shares the main values with me 37 years ago and I was and I am lucky to have his full support during all my professional carrier. You need a good balance between personal and professional life, and I also believe that chance is there for those who are ready.
9. What do you worry about, and why?
Growing tension in the global society, especially terrorism, because there is probably no way how to stop the frustration.
10. Who has inspired you in your life and why?
My father, during all his life he was able to balance perfectly the family life with the very top professional career
11. What was one of your most crucial moments in life?
Of course births of my children. In professional life, the creation of the French-Czech Institute of Management in 1990 at VŠE, my first and second rector´s elections and “La legion d´honneur”.
12. If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be?
Frankly speaking, I do not know.
13. What are the 3 things you need, to be successful in your job, or role?
Listening to others, hardworking, knowledge of foreign languages.
14. Is there a skill you would like to learn and why?
To have a “poker face”. Sometimes I have a problem not to express my emotions.
15. What is the best piece of advice you’ve received?
16. What does a perfect day look like to you?
In the morning I teach in French, in the afternoon I have a meeting with open-minded personalities, in the evening I have a dinner with my family.
17. What cheers you up?
My small dog.
18. How do you define success and how do you measure it?
Success is if you can fulfil most of your dreams. I am measuring it by personal satisfaction.
19. What part of your job would people find most surprising?
Specificity of the academic world where it is nearly impossible to give an order.
20. What do you do when you’re feeling uninspired?
Fortunately, it has never happened...
21. In which order (most important 1st) would you classify these 4 A-words: Accuracy, Acceptance, Achievement and Appreciation
1.Accuracy, 2. Achievement, 3. Acceptance, 4. Appreciation.
22. How would you define leadership?
Leadership is the empathy, the courage and also the personality trait = charisma.