1. What age do you feel right now and why?
I feel my age, definitely. I wouldn’t like to be younger or older, as I feel fine now.
2. Which book are you reading now?
I always read several books at the same time. So, I currently read Letters to Olga by Vaclav Havel, and then What we are looking at. This last one is just about modern art.
3. What are your top 3 favourite books and why?
Number one is Master and Margaret by Bulgakov, just because it is a fabulous novel, just incredible. Then, by Garcia Marquez one hundred years of Solitude .. and last one will be all the books of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle, because I love the personage, how he is smart…I would like to think like him.
4. What is your definition of elegance?
I am not really able to define, for me it is about feelings. In the way, how you feel that someone or something could be elegant. The same colour black could be seen elegant by someone and not by others, and why it is like that it is difficult to say.
5. What are you the most passionate about?
Just about life. I like that every day there is something new, and this is what life is about.
6. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
It would be definitely to the mountains because I love them. What I love about mountains is that you feel free and it is not about the summits, so I don’t need to go so high, just to be free in the nature in the mountains is enough wherever they are.
7. If you could only keep 3 possessions, what would they be?
My glasses, always useful, then photos for memories and the third one will be a pen… maybe to write my memories.
8. What is your philosophy towards your work, or role, or life?
I am not really philosopher but if I have to choose a philosophy is to accept that there are things which may never change and if you can accept this it can help you a lot, and this is exactly what is the most difficult for people to accept: this is Tolstoyism.
9. What do you worry about, and why?
My children, this is the only thing I worried about, to make sure that they are safe and fine.
10. Who has inspired you in your life and why?
All people inspire me, in the good and bad ways as well. Because every time someone could share something new, unexpected you could use or not, and this is really inspiring.
11. What was one of your most crucial moments in life?
This is when I left to France at the age of 16, to study for 3 years there, it changed everything for me.
12. If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be?
I think it would be the discovery of America, it seems to me to be really a huge moment.
13. What are the 3 things you need, to be successful in your job, or role?
I need good luck, physical activities and good people around me.
14. Is there a skill you would like to learn and why?
I would like to learn to refuse people or something in a very polite way thus nobody has hard feelings, frustration. Because it is something quite important in my opinion that when you refuse someone or something it must be in a good and positive way, I would like to master this.
15. What is the best piece of advice you’ve received?
The quote should be ‘if you want to do something, just look around yourself’. I think this is often that people make things without thinking what it brings to others and to the world. They just want to do something, and they do it without thinking the impact, maybe it is not intentional, but I think they should try to understand what it will bring to others.
16. What does a perfect day look like to you?
For me the perfect day for me is very simple, to be off and to hike in the mountains all day long.
17. What cheers you up?
Good jokes and smiling people. I like when I see happy people, this cheers me up.
18. How do you define success and how do you measure it?
I don’t have a general definition of success, except that this is maybe when I feel really good with what I did, it is just feeling. Then the measure is maybe with the opinion of other people about what you achieved, but you should review such opinions and be critical to that, not to take everything for granted.
19. What part of your job would people find most surprising?
Many people don’t think that to be a good lawyer it is really a hard work. It means long time at the computer, drafting drafting and this not just like that that you become a good one.
20. What do you do when you’re feeling uninspired?
I go to do physical exercise, good sports.
21. In which order (most important 1st) would you classify these 4 A-words: Accuracy, Acceptance, Achievement and Appreciation
Achievement, Accuracy, Acceptance and Appreciation
22. How would you define leadership?
Leadership is like driving the car of your life and career. So, if you drive you must look front of you, behind you, you must be careful and watch many things around you, and you hold the steering wheel. This is what I call Leadership.