1. What age do you feel right now and why?
Hard question – sometimes I feel like 25 because of high energy, lots of ideas,….. sometimes I´m pretty tired – feeling like 85 :) but I also sometimes feel like 44 (my real age) because of my experience which is not so bad if experience is asked….
2. Which book are you reading now?
I do not read any books…
4. What is your definition of elegance?
Well I think elegance is something very individual. For me it´s something which fascinates and ionizes me.
5. What are you the most passionate about?
This changes from time to time – I would say now it is fashion.
6. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
There are so many places in the world – I already travelled to Dubai a few times – I would love to go there again – but also Hongkong or Singapor would be amazing.
7. If you could only keep 3 possessions, what would they be?
I hope I would let my mobile phone at home. I would take my wallet, my running shoes and a travel guide.
8. What is your philosophy towards your work, or role, or life?
Fairness is a big topic in my life.
9. What do you worry about, and why?
Well – I´m not the youngest anymore – to be honest – sometimes I ask myself how long I can do this stressful and energy stealing job – and what happens after?
10. Who has inspired you in your life and why?
There were a few people in my business life who inspired me – there was at least one person in every company I worked for I was looking at. In my private life it´s a famous Austrian Tennis player (Thomas Muster) – his biography is fascinating.
11. What was one of your most crucial moments in life?
I would say the first one was to jump into a leaders role in retail after being a cook.
12. If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be?
Maybe a football championship where Austria wins the tournament.
13. What are the 3 things you need, to be successful in your job, or role?
A company I can fully identify to. A fair, open and appreciative boss – and the rest is up to my personal leading skills, beside the basic equipment to do my job...
14. Is there a skill you would like to learn and why?
Well I would really like to do a course to become business coach.
15. What is the best piece of advice you’ve received?
I do not remember a really crucial advice. Advices are always good but everybody has to make his/her own experiences.
16. What does a perfect day look like to you?
A perfect day is when I reach my targets…. When I´m successful and at the end of the day I can look into the mirror and say to myself that this was a great day.
17. What cheers you up?
Success. And to feel that my team is behind me.
18. How do you define success and how do you measure it?
Success for me is if I give my very best and get the best possible result. Success is not always measured by numbers – a great, motivated team and teamwork mean also success for me.
19. What part of your job would people find most surprising?
I would say the huge range of responsibility I have – because it´s also a surprise for me what I´m responsible for...
20. What do you do when you’re feeling uninspired?
I´m setting my own goals and try to find something exciting…
21. In which order (most important 1st) would you classify these 4 A-words: Accuracy, Acceptance, Achievement and Appreciation
I cannot reply with a ranking; I would say that Achievement, Appreciation and Acceptance are on the same level for me and my leading style and to be a good leader. Accuracy is also important for me but not at the first stage;
22. How would you define leadership?
Leadership is to lead and coach people… to train, coach and guide people – to stand behind them, help and support the team.Talking to everybody on eye level, respect and appreciation as well as fairness are the basics for a good leader.